Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Новая тема Ответить
#1 Оставлено : 22 января 2018 г. 12:21:05(UTC)

Статус: Advanced Member

Группы: Registered

Watching the opening round of the 2018 NFL draft unfold should be the best drama on television April 26. The number of different possibilities inside the top five selections is off the charts, and the outcomes will have a trickle-down effect on the remaining 27 picks of the first round and beyond.

That's mostly because of the quarterbacks. There are six signal-callers who could land in the first round, and four of them could be off the board inside the top six. After that, there may be a number of teams wanting to move up in order to grab one of the remaining options at the sport's most important position.

The Cleveland Browns have two potential routes with a pair of picks inside the top four. They could go conservative, taking their preferred quarterback with the No. 1 choice, and then see who's available at No. 4. Or if they fall in love with one of the other prospects, perhaps NC State defensive lineman Bradley Chubb, the front office could select him and still be guaranteed a top QB option with the fourth selection.

It seems likely Cleveland will start the draft with a quarterback, though. Team owner Jimmy Haslam strongly suggested that while introducing new general manager John Dorsey in December.

Haslam told reporters. "The Cleveland Browns are not going to be successful until we get a quarterback. We're going to do whatever it takes to find [the] quarterback we need to be successful.''

The good news for the Browns is there's no shortage of options in this year's class. The bad news is there's no consensus pick among them, which puts more pressure on the front office's evaluations.

While Sam Darnold wasn't able to match his standout freshman campaign as a sophomore, he still threw for over 4,100 yards and completed 63.1 percent of his throws for USC in 2017.

His overall numbers at USC are terrific, with 57 passing touchdowns and 22 interceptions across 27 games. He added 322 yards and seven scores on the ground, showing he's more than a pocket passer.

Those numbers, paired with the arm talent to make all the NFL throws, should put him in the driver's seat to get picked by Cleveland. But that could change before draft day.

This represents an ideal fit for both team and player.

The New York Giants must start preparing for the post-Eli Manning era. Whether that arrives this fall or the organization opts to wait until 2019, when the dead-cap hit would be easier to swallow, there will soon be a changing of the guard in New York.

Meanwhile, Josh Rosen explained to Josh Weinfuss in December he would prefer to land with the "right team,Authentic Brian Cushing Jersey," presumably meaning one with some proven pieces instead of one in a total rebuild.

"I'd rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher [pick] at the wrong team," he said.

While the Giants are coming off a forgettable 3-13 campaign, headlined by the loss of star wideout Odell Beckham Jr.,Authentic Johnathan Joseph Jersey, they were 11-5 and earned a playoff berth in 2016. Some narrow losses during an 0-5 start and numerous key injuries, made the team look worse than it should be moving forward.

Rosen, who posted career highs in passing yards,Authentic Duane Brown Jersey, touchdowns and completion rate during his final year with the UCLA Bruins, could help lead a quick turnaround in New York. At worst, he would sit and learn from Manning for a season and take the reins of the offense next year.

Although the Indianapolis Colts' immediate future rests heavily on quarterback Andrew Luck and the weapons around him as he works back from a shoulder injury, the team must focus on long-term fixes defensively at some point. It's been an issue since the days when Peyton Manning was carrying the franchise on his back.

There were few reasons of optimism on that side of the ball in 2017. Indianapolis ranked 30th in points allowed,Womens Xavier Su'a-Filo Jersey, it didn't have the offensive firepower to keep pace, 28th in passing yards allowed and 26th in rushing yards allowed. And without Luck, leading to a 4-12 record.

So after getting another chance with a new team and a fresh start,Authentic Zach Cunningham Jersey, Jenkins decided it was time to turn his life around and get his priorities in order once and for all.

On the anniversary of making the choice to live a better and more fulfilled alcohol-free life, Seferian-Jenkins expressed his gratitude for being able to overcome some of his darkest days and take the necessary steps towards a prosperous life and future. Jenkins discussed his early struggles in the NFL and what he did to turn his life around in a recent interview with the Players Tribune

When asked Tuesday about his actions against the Vikings, Payton explained them as simply "good playoff fun."

And I get it. There's nothing wrong with stirring the pot a little. I do it daily in my line of work. It's the only way to make a good roux.

I can't think of another coach in the league that would give the choke sign to an opposing player during a game.

There's no doubt Payton's antics appeal to some Saints fans. When you've had sand kicked in your face for the better part of four decades, you crave the kind of audacity Payton brandishes, even if deep down inside you know it's over the top.

It's the old "He might be a you-know-what, but he's our you-know-what" principle.

Most Saints fans will tell you they wholeheartedly prefer the cocky Sean Payton to the sedated version we saw from 2014 to 2016.

But don't confuse causatives here. The Saints aren't good because of Payton's cockiness. Payton is cocky because the Saints are good. Historically, he's only acted this way when his team is talented enough to back it up.

In that regard, consider Sideshow Sean a harbinger of good things to come.

For better or worse, this is Payton. He coaches with an edge and expects his players to play with one. His intensity and competitive drive are what make him one of the best coaches in the NFL and why his players love playing for him.

Like any undrafted rookie, Justin Hardee faced an uphill battle to make the Houston Texans roster last summer. The Illinois product worked to stand out on special teams, knowing that was his best shot to make the team, but when the Texans made their final cuts on Sept. 2, Hardee was among the players to receive bad news.

though,All's well that ends well, in Hardee's case. A few days after the Texans waived him, he was on the active roster, the New Orleans Saints added him to the practice squad. By Week 3, and by season's end,Womens Deshaun Watson Jersey, he led the Saints with eight special teams tackles.

"I knew once I got my opportunity I wasn't going to look back," Hardee said.

who transitioned from wide receiver to cornerback with the Saints,Hardee, and in Week 5 against the Lions, recorded one tackle in his second active game in Week 4 against the Dolphins, he made three tackles,Womens Brian Cushing Jersey, making clear that he was up to the challenge.

In Week 9 against the Buccaneers, recovered the ball and returned it for a touchdown. From that point on, he blocked a punt,Womens Johnathan Joseph Jersey, it became obvious Hardee was among the Saints' top special teams players.

"It meant the world to me,Authentic Xavier Su'a-Filo Jersey, man," Hardee said of earning a role. "I just took advantage of my opportunities and (was) just having fun with my brothers. I'm proud of this team and I'm glad that they just gave me an opportunity to help this team win."

Hardee was among a trio of undrafted rookies that played a significant role on special teams late in the season, along with cornerback Arthur Maulet and quarterback Taysom Hill. But,Womens Duane Brown Jersey, Hardee got his opportunity quicker than the others.

Contributing on special teams is nothing new for Hardee. At Illinois, he made 18 special teams tackles during his career. The Cleveland, Ohio,Womens Zach Cunningham Jersey, native also made three special teams tackles against Ohio State in 2013, showing his knack for stepping up when there's extra motivation.

Hardee is one of three players on the Saints -- along with Ted Ginn Jr. and Marshon Lattimore -- that went to Glenville High in Cleveland, but he's the only one of the trio that didn't go to Ohio State.

Hardee has been an underdog for awhile now. His high school coach, Ted Ginn Sr.,Authentic Deshaun Watson Jersey, said earlier this month that Hardee would "clean the bathroom if you need" just to show how hard he's willing to work.

Things didn't work out for Hardee in Houston, but he's glad the Saints gave him a chance to prove himself.

"I was heartbroken," he said. "I feel like I left Houston with pieces of me left, but I found a new home in New Orleans."

Hardee said he felt a similar heartbreak when the Saints lost to the Minnesota Vikings in last Sunday's divisional round playoff game. Next year, he's hoping to avoid that pain.

"I'm just glad to be a part of this team," he said. "Hopefully next year we can go out there and win it all."

Быстрый ответ Показать форму быстрого ответа
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Новая тема Ответить