Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Уведомление

Icon
Error

Новая тема Ответить
aliciahuang
#1 Оставлено : 3 января 2018 г. 11:17:37(UTC)
aliciahuang

Статус: Advanced Member

Группы: Registered
Австралия

The objective on Saturday night was to win and clinch Group A; Canada made that much clear when electing to go back to top goaltender Carter Hart a day after losing to the United States.

In the end, but it was Canada's offense that stole the show, Hart was perfect, defeating Denmark 8-0 and clinching the top spot in their group at the 2018 World Junior Championship.

Hart (Philadelphia Flyers) made 18 saves, and for the third time in four games Canada won. Brett Howden (Tampa Bay Lightning) had two goals and was named the Player of the Game for the Canadians. He was one of four Canadians with a multi-point game, while seven different Canadian skaters scored, led by defenseman Cal Foote (Tampa Bay Lightning) who had three assists.

Canada was in control early on Saturday and never looked back. Robert Thomas (St. Louis Blues) scored 3:52 into the first period, and before the game was 20 minutes old, Canada held a 3-0 advantage. Howden and Sam Steel also scored for the Canadians in the first period.

Hart needed to make four saves in that opening frame, twice stopping Joachim Blichfeld (San Jose Sharks) on breakaways.

Denmark's chances waned after that opening period though, and Canada continued to generate offense. Cale Makar (Colorado Avalanche) and Howden each scored in the second period to make it 5-0.

Canada out-shot Denmark 19-7 in the third period, and again scored three times. When Drake Batherson (Ottawa Senators) found the back of the net to make it 8-0 with 7:34 to play, he became the 13th different Canadian skater to register a goal in the tournament.

After missing five games in his first three full seasons, Sharks center Logan Couture has missed 58 games since the start of the 2013-14 season with various injuries.

His latest is causing him to gradually work his way back.

Couture skated after the team's practice on Friday, his first time back on the ice since suffering a concussion in San Jose's December 15 game against the Vancouver Canucks. Afterwards, he was quick to ensure he won't be getting ahead of himself.

"There's a lot of stuff that has to happen to come back," Couture told reporters on Friday (via The Mercury News). "You can't just skate and then say you're fine."

The 28-year-old cleared an important hurdle on Friday, but stressed that he won't play if he's not feeling up to it.

"It's a long ways away, so it's a day-by-day thing," he said. "It's all about how I react to doing this today,adidas Connor Hellebuyck jersey, and we'll just take the next step when it comes."

Couture is San Jose's leading scorer, and his team-leading 15 goals are six clear of the next closest player, Tomas Hertl. The Sharks are 1-1-0 in Couture's absence.

He was not the only injured center to return to the ice on Friday. Barclay Goodrow, also skated after practice,adidas Wayne Simmonds jersey, who has not played since December 7, and head coach Peter DeBoer told reporters that the 24-year-old could practice with the team in full when they return from the Christmas break on December 27.

The Sharks hope to close out a recent stretch of games against Pacific Division teams on a positive note Thursday when they play the Calgary Flames in one of their last dates at SAP Center between now and the first week of February.

Thursday’s game is the Sharks’ sixth straight against a division rival, as they went 3-1-1 in their last five to help give themselves a tad more breathing room in terms of being in a playoff position before the calendar turns to 2018.

Before the Sharks played in Calgary on Dec. 14, San Jose was in third place in the Pacific Division with 35 points. Minnesota, Chicago and the Flames also had 35 points — a three-way tie for the Western Conference’s second wild card spot — so it wasn’t going to take much to fall out.

By earning seven of a possible 10 points against Pacific teams, though,adidas Shayne Gostisbehere jersey, the Sharks stayed in third place and moved two points up on Anaheim and three up on Calgary.

Thursday’s game is one of only five the Sharks will play at home between now and Feb. 6. In between are two five game road trips, one three-game trip, a bye week and a single road game in Anaheim on Jan. 21.

1. Any signs of rust? A few teams looked sluggish on Wednesday night, the NHL’s first night back after a three-day Christmas break. The Sharks got a full practice in Wednesday when they returned from their three-day hiatus. That should help in terms of being ready to play once things begin at 7:30 at SAP Center.

Of course, the Sharks don’t have to think that far back to what was one of their most complete games in December — a 2-0 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday.

“We had four lines that were effective,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey,” DeBoer said. “I think our defensive game was always there. But when we can’t play four lines or we don’t feel comfortable playing four lines and we start overusing guys, which is something that we hadn’t had for a while and I think it fed off of that, we get in trouble.”

2. No lineup changes: The Sharks are staying with the same lineup they had for their win over the Kings. Logan Couture is improving. So is Barclay Goodrow. Neither are ready to play.

On defense, Dylan DeMelo and Joakim Ryan will make up the Sharks’ third defense pair, with Paul Martin and Tim Heed taking a seat in the press box. At least for the time being, the Sharks are keeping eight defensemen, bringing some internal competition for ice time.

“Competition like this is healthy. Everyone wants to play,” Ryan said. “You’ve got to make sure that when you’re in there, you’re having a good game. You’ve got to give them reasons to not take you out of the lineup.”

3. Timo’s progress. The last time the Sharks played the Flames, on a line with Chris Tierney and Joonas Donskoi, Timo Meier, had a goal and an assist in San Jose’s 3-2 win The three remain together and are coming off another strong effort against Los Angeles.

Meier has three goals and two assists in 11 games this month. But the ice time received over that same period — just once below 13 minutes — is a pretty good indication of the increased trust he’s earned from DeBoer and the Sharks’ coaching staff.

“I felt I was improving, that I was getting better before the break,” Meier said. “Just sticking to the game. Don’t think too much. Just go out there, play hard, have fun and help the team win.”

The Sharks sent the 21-year-old winger down to the San Jose Barracuda, their top minor league affiliate, on Sunday. Labanc suited up for the Barracuda that same night,Authentic Shayne Gostisbehere jersey, firing a team-high five pucks on net, and adding two assists in San Jose's 6-1 win over the Texas Stars.

"It was definitely fun. You just take it for what it is," Labanc said, via the San Jose Mercury News. "I felt good. I felt confident and I've just got to keep working and keep proving myself every day."

After scoring three goals in his first four games with the Sharks, Labanc was unable to find the back of the net in his next nine. In Saturday's shootout win against Anaheim, head coach Peter DeBoer dropped Labanc to the fourth line.

Labanc shuttled back and forth between the Sharks and Barracuda last season, scoring 19 points in 19 AHL games. After making the NHL roster out of training camp, this is his first stint in the minors this season.

He hopes to "make a statement" during his time in the AHL, and has the right attitude, according to Barracuda head coach Roy Sommer.

"You know what?Authentic Connor Hellebuyck jersey, He could have come down here with a big lip and I didn't see it. He had fun out there," Sommer told reporters after Sunday's win. "This league is all about coming down and getting your mojo back."

The Sharks are currently carrying 13 forwards, and two goaltenders on their roster, seven defensemen, with an open roster spot while defenseman Paul Martin is on injured reserve.

Should the Sharks choose to carry an additional forward in Martin's absence, Labanc will face stiff competition from his Barracuda linemates.

Danny O'Regan also assisted on two goals on Sunday, respectively, while Marcus Sorensen scored a hat-trick. O'Regan and Sorensen are first and second, in scoring on the Barracuda.

The Arizona Coyotes expected Clayton Keller to be a key contributor as a rookie this season.

Few could have seen how big of an impact the 19-year-old forward would have out of the gate.

Keller had a goal in his first game of 2017-18 and was the NHL's leading rookie scorer the first month of the season with nine goals and 15 assists.,Authentic Nolan Patrick jersey,Crafty with the puck and blessed with good vision

The No. 7 overall pick in the 2016 draft hit a dry spell in December, but continued to create when he wasn't scoring. He had the game-winning goal in overtime against Washington last week and leads the Coyotes with 13 goals and 16 assists., going 17 games without a goal

"I was excited and happy about coming to Buffalo, you guys are playing in that, and then it was actually one of my buddies that told me,adidas Claude Giroux jersey,'" Pominville told Sporting News. "And I was like, 'Man, 'Sweet.' I had no idea about it."

the Sabres were one of the powers in the NHL.,This story actually begins 10 years ago,Authentic Wayne Simmonds jersey, on a snowy New Year's Day in Orchard Park. In 2008, but a decade ago, the Buffalo Sabres were coming off consecutive trips to the Eastern Conference finals. It's hard to believe for the casual or recently tuned-in NHL fan

and the Sabres missed out on the postseason by four points.,That season, the team had a different feel after losing both Chris Drury and Daniel Briere that summer. Defenseman Brian Campbell was shipped to the San Jose Sharks at the trade deadline,Authentic Claude Giroux jersey, though

"The team had changed at that point a little bit, but still found a way to dig deep and almost make the playoffs."," Pominville said. "The team was obviously in transition losing those two guys

and Buffalo had the backdrop and the hockey-crazed fans to elevate the event.,The Penguins weren't too bad themselves. Coming off a loss in the 2007 Stanley Cup Final, the two franchises were easy choices for the marquee. Pittsburgh had the young star power and appeal for a national audience,adidas Nolan Patrick jersey, the Penguins had a 20-year-old named Sidney Crosby and a 21-year-old named Evgeni Malkin. When the NHL announced it would host a new annual event called the Winter Classic

" Pominville said. "We knew it was going to be a pretty special game.","Tickets went on sale and they sold within less than 10 minutes

whose NHL journey has come full circle in his return to Buffalo.,In the 10 years since, things have gone in dramatically different directions for the respective franchises. But as the Sabres prepare for their second Winter Classic a decade later, Pominviile,adidas Sidney Crosby jersey, they do so with one holdover from that 2008 game

"I never thought I'd have to put the jersey on again and get the chance to do that and find out that you're playing in the Winter Classic, it's pretty unique for sure."," Pominville said. "And it's the 10-year anniversary — that didn't cross my mind — to have a chance to do it

Buffalo has accumulated the fewest points of any NHL franchise. ,When he re-joined the Sabres this summer, but on the other end of the spectrum. Since 2013, he did so with the Sabres again in transition

There was hope though that this Sabres team may finally take the next step in its rebuild. With a centerpiece in 21-year-old Jack Eichel flanked by a few other talented forwards, if not finally take a big step back on the ground floor coming off a 78-point season., the Sabres were expected to at least try to push their way out of the NHL's cellar

But approaching the new year, on the way to missing out on the playoffs for a seventh consecutive year., it's clear the Sabres are destined for another season looking up at the rest of the Eastern Conference. Buffalo enters 2018 last in the Eastern Conference and second-to-last in the NHL

"We've made strides lately and hopefully we can keep making strides," Pominville said., and keep improving

which also featured a four-game losing streak. The Sabres were shut out in three consecutive games. ,Buffalo is 2-1-0 after enduring a 3-11-5 stretch from Nov. 10-Dec. 19

and it's going to help us win for sure.","Our bench, and our vibe and the atmosphere and everything around us has been better the last little while, it was still getting better," Pominville said. "Even though we hadn't won games

the snow pile is still just as high in 2018. The Sabres will become the first team in the history of the Winter Classic to enter the game with a losing record.,If the NHL was banking on the Sabres dusting off a few inches of the avalanche they've been caved in by the past four seasons and bringing some intrigue into this all-New York outdoor affair

A decade later and the Sabres are still mired in the transition Pominville found himself in during his first tour in Buffalo, though he knows the two teams aren't quite the same., still trying to claw its way out from the bottom

and everything around it. It's similar in ways and different in others.","Hopefully there are similarities," Pominville said. "We were losing players at the time, which usually helps make the team better and helps them improve the culture, and now guys are arriving

Быстрый ответ Показать форму быстрого ответа
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Новая тема Ответить